The international outreach aspect of the LCC involves:
– Attracting cleantech businesses from overseas
– The further development of inward investment for cleantech from overseas
– The support of UK cleantech businesses in their overseas trade ambitions
– The pursuit of international best practice for the LCC in its mode of operation and support of cleantech development in the region by benchmarking and coordinating with clusters, networks and other overseas organisations.
This section of the LCC’s activities will be coordinated by Cleantech Investor, with specific support from Rushlight Events. We have particular links with UKTI, as well as other initiatives and organisations that provide support for overseas activities. Further details will follow.
Initial contact has already been made with various members of the Global Cleantech Cluster Association, which has 38 members across North America, Europe, Far east and Australasia.
Contact has also been made with the International Cleantech Network and it is hoped that LCC will gain membership, thereby facilitating coordination with 10 very active clusters.
Finally, specific contact has also already been made with:
– German-British Chamber of Industry & Commerce
– Malaysian Investment Development Authority
– Greater Richmond Partnership, Virginia
– Copenhagen Cleantech Cluster