- Support the establishment and growth of cleantech businesses across the region
- Attract cleantech businesses and investment from abroad and facilitate the expansion of cleantech businesses overseas.
- Accelerate the roll-out of sustainable solutions across Greater London.
1. Communication & Coordination. The Secretariat of the Cluster will be provided by Eventure Media and we will coordinate the Cluster’s activities and keep the members informed.
2. Partnerships & Networking. Through events and other activities, the Cluster will facilitate matchmaking between organisations and individuals.
3. Innovation. The Cluster will seek to provide support for start-ups to facilitate the development of clean technologies into successful business ventures by leveraging existing service providers’ capabilities, coordinating available resource and expertise and identifying and addressing blockages. It is anticipated that various initiatives will be progressed to support entrepreneurs.
4. International Outreach. This will involve coordination with other cleantech clusters around the world. We have already approached the International Cleantech Network who are very interested in what we are looking to achieve in London. This focus area will be coordinated by Cleantech Investor with direct involvement of some of the founding members.
5. Market Development. In order to facilitate the adoption of cleantech solutions and to develop the marketplace for clean technologies in the region, the Cluster will seek to educate and inform organisations throughout the Greater London area about the available solutions and their environmental and financial benefits.
Cities are recognised as a catalyst for innovation, entrepreneurship and social mobility. This involves a diverse range of parties that invariably look for assistance to provide the necessary coordination for effective collaboration.
Research has shown that companies in clusters gain a number of proven advantages in the form of increased innovation, higher productivity, more patents, closer collaboration between research and the private sector, shorter time from idea to market, increased pool of competencies and attraction of more foreign companies.
With the strength of some of the key players in the cleantech sector in London, there is no reason why London should not be one of the leading cleantech capitals of the world. One of the driving forces behind the London Cleantech Cluster is to coordinate the many existing initiatives, networks, research programmes, opportunities for finance, international market opportunities, technology transfer activities and business support services.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.